Some of my schedule is devoted to career and life coaching with private clients in addition to working as a professor. Although I work with select clients on all forms of life and career coaching, I tend to focus on narrative and environmental coaching.
Drawing on emotional intelligence, intuition, and creativity, narrative coaching is a process that allows individuals to transform their personal stories around career or relationships. I work with individual clients who want to rewrite their stories in career and relationships through narrative coaching.
Using a process called REWRITE, my approach to narrative coaching achieves the following:
- Explores what you want and need in your career, relationships, health, or personal growth.
- Identifies how you feel about the current stories and belief systems governing your life.
- Rewrites your story to reflect your needs and wants in the present, while acknowledging the past and future.
- Unravels and then resolves issues blocking your new stories, such as socialized belief systems, your mind, competing stories, or fear and anxiety.
- Establishes practical methods to believe and live your new stories.
With an increasing amount of distress many of us share around the planet, we need ways to develop and cope with concerns about the environment. Drawing on the process of narrative coaching, I work with clients to alleviate fears and anxieties about the ways global and local environmental stresses affect our daily lives.
This process involves the following:
- Acknowledges that extreme environmental changes affect you on a physical, psychic, and emotional level.
- Teaches how to release the burden of guilt and shame of having to save the world in every moment.
- Undoes paralyzing belief that you are singularly to blame for the global environmental crisis.
- Rewrites your relationship with sustainability – balancing social and environmental support.
- Identifies affirmation about how you want to participate in movements to transform the world.
Interested in working with me?
People can work with me in three ways: 1) life and career coaching; 2) online courses; 3) viewing webinars. For online courses and webinars, please see the Teaching section of this website.
For life and career coaching, I offer potential clients a free 20 minute info. session. Regular sessions last an hour. Sessions with clients are conducted virtually by Skype or telephone, largely because I work with many international clients across different time zones.
Please contact me below for a free 20 minute session and pricing details.
Derek is compassionate and holds a safe and loving space for clients. I have been working with Derek on relationship issues for over a year and benefited much from his intuitive guidance and tools. As a result, I’m able to embrace all parts of myself and others on a deeper level. My relationships with my loved ones are now more open and harmonious.
FRANCES TIEN, CERTIFIED INTUITIVE & MIND BODY SPIRIT PRACTITIONER
After our hour together, Derek helped me recognize a few of my stumbling blocks in moving forward. The shift was immediate once I put my plan into action, and it only took removing a few pictures from my office as a start.
ANNA DEL DUCA, HEARTMATH® TRAINER AND MBS LIFE COACH